Thursday, February 24, 2011

Comments for Kids 1

C4K #1
My first assigned kids blog was a boy named Owen T. He is from Charlottesville, Va. He is in Mrs. Paula White's class. I went back to some of his old post and discovered a lot about him. He has a great imagination. He wrote a short story called the Hillbilly Chainsaw Massacre. It was funny but also had an edge to it. He is also very fascinated with looking up things online. He is always posting about new Ipod apps that he is finding and famous quotes.

I was able to comment on a post of his about his favorite links to go to on the internet. It was fascinating because every link was different and told me something he was interested in. A lot of them were about online game sites that you could visit. Upon visiting one, I played online Monopoly and that was fun. He also gave a link to Youtube. When commenting I told him what I thought about each link and offered him some advice. I told him next time he might would want to explain each link so that we knew what we were looking at. I really enjoyed looking at his blog.
link to a website
C4K #2
The next kids blog I was assigned to was a girls named Gina Marie. She is in the fifth grade and lives in Mew York. Her teacher is Mr. St. Pierre. When learning more about her I found out that she loves to go ice skating. I have never been so it was interesting reading her blog post about it. She has wrote many blog post about her weekends and some are short stories and poems. 
I was privileged to read about her Valentine's Day. It was not a good one though. She started off by helping her father make dinner for her mom for Valentine's Day. They made heart shaped ravioli. It got bad when she started having problems breathing. At first, her dad thought it was because she had went ice skating the night before but when her mom got home she put her on a nebulizer just to be safe. This helped her breathing to calm. I responded by asking her if this had happened before and told her she should maybe go see a doctor about it. She recently posted a blog saying she went to the doctor and she has Broncho Spazem. I don't know much about that but it doesn't seem too good.


nebulizer
C4K #3
The last student I was assigned to was a child by the name of  Frankie. He is in the fifth grade and lives in New Zealand. I don;t know much about him because he only has a picture of himself in his blog. But I did go back and look at his blog from last year to find out more about him. He is an excellent writer and uses a lot of descriptive words in his text. He seems to have a fun personality because he wrote a blog about how amusing it was to see his teachers dressed up as bugs and critters in an assembly. He also had a video on there from when he made a volcano and it exploded!
I had to comment on his picture because that was all on the blog at the time. I just told him that it was great to meet him and that I had read some of his post from last year and that I couldn't wait to see what he has in store for us this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment